As I try to give myself more margin, I’m noticing much small joy around me.
Is any joy small?
* Cedar’s love of frilly pink things and My Little Ponies.
* Sharing poetry and Shakespeare with Norah.
* Playing iPod shuffle “name that tune” with Scott. I’m really weak at Yacht Rock.
* Silly texting with Noelle even though international texting isn’t free. We’ve always silly texted so even though Skype is free, we continue the practice.
* Learning about the Faroe Islands because they regularly show up in my blog visitor stats and I don’t know about this lovely place. Now I want to visit. Or live there. Hello to my reader(s) in the Faroe Islands!
* Receiving texts about intimate birthy things in the middle of dinner parties. It is like the sweetest slumber party secret.
* Cedar sleeping with 24 My Little Ponies and hearing them fall out of her bed. One at a time. All night long.
* Watching Norah draw.
* The mothercords I wear on my ankles and the families they represent.
* Cedar putting on her “work boots” to help my dad work. I have almost this same picture from when I was a kid.
* Discovering that Keen makes boots. Discovering this tidbit because my sweetest of all husbands ordered a pair for me.
* The last warm days of summer.
* Norah asking me to help her memorize “Be Thou My Vision.”
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright heav’ns Son.
I hope you’re also finding joy in these fleeting, wispy moments.