I like stats.
- Total blog views in 2012: 40,000
- Most shared post: A first time mom “peace-d” her baby out
- Most viewed post: Hey Guy
- Most hits on the day it was published: A Mother’s Day Manifesto
- Number of countries visiting: 120
- Post with the most comments: Courage, or “I can’t believe I’m writing this post
- Top search that got people to my blog: ”Ryan Gosling feminist” (good grief, I posted one meme)
- My favorite post: To Be Astonished
- Close second for my favorite post: Before the good, the worst
- Favorite picture of the year: Dad catching his baby
- Favorite words spoken by a laboring mother: ”Katie Holmes can suck it with her silent birth.”
Firsts in 2012:
- First dad to leave me in the dust on the drive to the hospital. You know who you are, J.S.
- First missed births. I missed one due to dengue fever and one because I was away for the weekend (she birthed early). I’m ever indebted to Angie and Laura for doula-ing in my place.
- First time supporting back-to-back births.
- First hospital waterbirth.
- First time driving 1000 miles for a birth (which I missed, so that’s three missed births this year. Painful.).
I am excited to see what 2013 has in store for me! My doula availability is booking quickly and my first Hypnobabies class is filled to maximum capacity. And how could it not be an amazing year with this adorable pumpkin as the first baby I snuggled in the new year? He also peed on me three times. I’m sure it is a sign of good things to come.
I have only one resolution. I will not miss any births.