I kept a notepad near me so I could catch some of her words today.
- “I’m the mommy.”
- “You can never eat again. NEVER.”
- “Feed Cedar to the lions.”
- “I broke mine ankle. All the bones came out. But I put them back in.”
- “You’re kidding me? Blackbird has the letter ‘C’ in it? Are you sure?”
- “I need one of those things what make little things bigger.” (a microscope)
- “You forgot to sweep under the rug yesterday. Look at that dirt! Do it now.”
- “You’re never gonna pet Jude again. NEVER.”
- “I’m going to Heaven first. You don’t get to go to Heaven first. I do. Hmph.”
- “Put Cedar out in the grass.”
- “You stink. Cedar put her stinky on you.”
- “You go in the kitchen. I’ll watch over Cedar.” (yeah right!)
Are you seeing any trends?
But my favorite:
“Mom, you’re the bestest mommy in the whole wide world.” (Ok, that was after I made hot chocolate and popcorn).