We’re planning an unmedicated birth. It is our belief that birth is a normal process; not usually a medical emergency and proceeds in the safest manner without interventions. Please assist us by offering the least amount of intervention in this normal process.
- I plan to stay active.
- I would like voices to be kept quiet; especially during contractions.
- I would like to give birth in a vertical position like squatting or hands/knees.
- I would like to follow my own cues for pushing. Please do not direct me unless baby is in distress or I request it.
- I would like immediate skin-to-skin contact with my baby.
- Please allow the cord to stop pulsing before clamping.
- I do not want routine Pitocin for third stage unless I show signs of excessive bleeding.
- Delay all newborn procedures for an hour after birth.
Thanks for your support in our birth experience,
Signature of couple
Signature of care provider
may I steal this for my website that pretty much sucks because I have no idea what I am doing and Pete is no help at all? Please?
Of course, friend.