1) The physical act of pressing the French Press. Such joy it brings.
2) That Norah deals with her own loose teeth. Loose teeth gross me out. She lost one this morning and it was such a non-issue. Note to self: DO NOT forget the tooth fairy tonight.
3) The ways my husband wakes me up. I’m not a morning person. Scott is. This week, he parodied local radio personalities to wake me. “I’m Cathy Bradberry and this is Earthsense” or “I’m Amanda McNulty with Clemson Extension.” In October, he put a giant Halloween Snoopy inflatable in bed with me.
4) That the girls haven’t noticed I sold their play kitchen.
5) Popping the top on the popcorn. It doesn’t happen often. When I was growing up, I watched my dad pop stovetop popcorn and sometimes the lid would start to rise. It still gives me shivers of excitement.
6) Letters Norah leaves around the house (this one is for the house gnome. She thinks he took her barbie. In reality, Goodwill took it.)
I think I’ll blame the house gnome for the play kitchen, too.